Healthy employees cost less money!
Corporate Wellness Programs are designed to maximise employee involvement in comprehensive health promotion activities that provide a positive return on investment. Through assessment, education and monitoring initiatives, employees identify their health risks and learn to take personal responsibility for reducing those risks.
The goals of a Corporate Wellness Program are:
* To increase productivity. Studies have shown that employee wellness programs improve
concentration, efficiency, decision making and all around performance.
* To reduce absenteeism. Participants in wellness programs generally take far fewer sick days.
* To enhance morale, and to attract and retain high-quality employees
* To reduce employee health care costs. Research in North America has shown conclusively
that health promotion programs are the most effective way to reduce group medical
and workers' compensation claims.
* To create a positive return on investment. Reports from major U.S. companies have consistently
shown returns of around $5 for every dollar invested in employee health promotion
A typical Corporate Wellness Program includes the following components:
* Wellness Workshops. Educational programs to give your employees the information, motivation and
guidance they need to make the right choices for health living.
* Health Risk Appraisal. A clear look at employees' health, habits and lifestyles, both as individuals
and as a group.
* Personal Health Assessments. Simple screening tests such as blood pressure, blood sugar,
total cholesterol and body composition that identify potential risks for serious diseases such as
coronary artery disease, diabetes, cancer and stroke.
* Preventive Health Care. Special programs of guidance and support for employees
identified as "at risk".
* Self-Help Programs. Health Activity Guidelines to assist and encourage employees
to stop smoking, manage stress, lose weight and control their blood pressure,
blood sugar and cholesterol.
* On-line Wellness Newsletter. Healthful hints and reminders that guide and inspire employees
to strive for higher standards of health and well being.
* Support Groups. Especially important for employees with special challenges such as diabetes,
obesity, high cholesterol and physical disabilities.
Whether your company has five employees or five hundred, Wellness Caribbean can
help you to structure a proactive, comprehensive and effective Corporate Wellness Program
specifically designed to meet your needs.